Popular Posts

Monday, May 20, 2013

Watch the Thrones, Week 8


The following is a series of recorded conversations between staff writers Dublin and DJ Undacut, transcribed on the evening of May 19th 2013.

2:50 PM
UC: I figured we would meet up early and make a couple’a predictions about tonight’s episode before it airs.
D: Okay.
UC: But I think we should make it a little more interesting by putting some money down.
D: Bets?
UC: F’sho.  So check it out: is this going to be a big ass episode, like big shit goes down? Or is it going to be another “treading” episode like what we discussed last week?
D: Big shit I think. It’s about time.
UC: I don’t think so. We’re at Episode 8. Big shit don’t go down until Episode 9 on HBO.
D: I still think something big is going down. Something huge.
UC: Alright, $25 says nothing all that significant is going to play out. And we gotta agree on what significant means.
D: I would say: Ned Stark getting killed. That was significant.
UC: Wow. So it’s gotta be that big.
D: Sure.
UC: You're on. Okay, will there be any titties?
D: I would imagine so.
UC: How many?
D: How many pairs?
UC: No, how many period.
D: Less than ten.
UC: You’re on. $5 says there will be more than ten.
D: If there’s less than ten I get $5?
UC: That’s right. Now, will Theon get tortured some more?
D: God I hope not. You think?
UC: $10 says he does.
D: Okay.
UC: Cool, see you in a few hours.

10:17 PM
UC: I'll take my $25 right off the bat homey.
D: There was a wedding!
UC: Shieeeet (just like Senator Clay Davis from The Wire). That wasn't no "big shit".
D: Hmmm. Okay. Well I'm keeping $5 because I only counted two titties.
UC: I counted four!
D: Melisandre and???
UC: Gendry fool.
D: If that even counted that's only four. That scene was a little over the top.
UC: That scene was kinky! Melisandre is like that freaky teacher that wants to hook up with her students in the parking lot.
D: She looks exactly like a classic character from a Conan comic book.
UC: Word up! That was every nerds favorite scene. And that was all added by the TV people, none of that is in the books.
D: Also, no Theon. So that's another $10 back to me.
UC: I'm still ten bucks ahead.
D: So the wedding wasn't a big deal to you?
UC: It wasn't no 'Ned Stark getting his dome chopped' scene, no. I did love it though.
D: Joffery!
UC: That little son of a bitch. Just when you think he can’t get no worse he’s talking about raping his dwarf uncle’s wife on their wedding night. Damn that little inbred bastard.
D: You know, for me, this is the episode where Tyrion truly became a hero, or at least a good guy.
UC: He's always been the real star.
D: Sure, but I'm saying. The way he handled the wedding night with Sansa showed him to really be one of the good guys. In fact, I feel that whole wedding and wedding night was done better on the show than in the books. Peter Dinklage straight killed it.
UC: Dinklage!
D: I've always felt he was a little over rated to be honest. But this episode showed why he's a great actor and why Tyrion is a good guy.
UC: I love when he threatened Joffery. Tywin had to chill that out.
D: Yes.
UC: Lannisters were threatening a lot of people this episode. How about Cersei threatening Margaery for calling her sister?
D: Hey, Cersei has got to protect her spot as Queen Bitch, I mean Regent.
UC: Finally, it seems as if Sam killed a White Walker.
D: It seems that way.
UC: I hate Sam.
D: I hate the White Walkers. They look so digital and stupid.
UC: I hate Sam's fat face with that nasty chin beard.
D: I think the White Walkers would have been more scary if you couldn't see so much of their faces. More like the Ring Wraiths.
UC: Now those guys are scary. See you next week!
D: Sounds good.

Transcribed by Jose Vanuello for Pro-Transcriptions, San Pablo CA. 05-19-13

No comments:

Post a Comment